Friday, May 06, 2005

Support our Troops, quit decorating your car.

These stupid magnets that look like ribbons that say "Support Our Troops" are getting on my nerves. When was the last time someone wrote a letter to congress to ask for better benefits for our troops? How many would send the 2-7 dollars they spent on that idiotic magnet to any organization that can actually support our troops?

I know that wishing for something will not make it so, but I also think that putting something out there in the universe may change a mind. If you find yourself in a store that has one of those magnets in the impulse buy aisle at the check out stand, and you think 'wow, I have always wanted one of those to show my support.' Try saving your 5 bux, spend 37 cents on a stamp and write a letter to your congressman asking him to support our troops next time they are in session. If there was a letter written for every ribbon magnet sold, some real change could happen.

Semper Fi

No comments: