Monday, December 05, 2005

A truck is a truck, right?

I have a Chevy full size pick up, and I am going to get a Toyota 4x4. I have already gone round and round about the Domestic/Import arguments, but with today's gas prices I can't let patriotism keep me from being able to make my mortgage payment after I fill that thing. Knoarmann (my truck) is 12 years old, 168k and down to 16mpg. With a 24 gallon tank, that takes me about 50-60 dollars to fill, depending on prices on any given corner. That also gets me about 10 trips back and forth to work, so I am at every other week. Unfortunately, my employer is not giving me more money to fill up even though he was kind enough to move 5 more miles away.

I have a chance to get a nice small 6cyl Toyota for about 3500 with a just rebuilt engine, that will get me at least another 200k. Yeah, seems like an obvious choice. Especially at 23+mpg. I will fill up about the same interval, but for about half the price. Yeah, I like that. Don't judge me! ;)

No comments: