Friday, December 16, 2005

Merry Kwanzaa Bitches

So, this winter is a little different than last. We didn't have any visitors, no family, no tree, no lights. This year, we have family from both sides coming to stay for awhile but still no lights.

Its funny, at work its perfectly okay to put up christmas decorations, but not for me to discuss Pastafarianism. I am not allowed to say, "no, please don't put up a wreath" because I don't do christmas, but if I was jewish or muslim, I would be perfectly acceptable to say just that. I just get really uncomfortable in the presence of a lot of christmas decorations. I think its ridiculous to cut down trees just to throw tinsel on them and call it decor. I think its equally stupid to think that if you don't have lights strung everywhere and a wreath on every door, then you aren't in the christmas spirit. I always thought it was in the heart, not on the door. But that is me. I digress.

I have my mom, dad, brother/sisterinlaw coming from California to Washington hauling a trailer with my furniture in it. They wanted to do this last winter, but I talked them out of it since it was really snowy in the passes and I still don't know why they can't haul a trailer in, say, MAY! Whatever. I don't expect to see my furniture ever again. None of them have ever towed a trailer before and trying to do it in the snow is going to suck. But travelling in favorable weather is just silly I suppose. Please think of them on the 26th of December while they are driving north on I5 and wish them luck to get here safe and in one piece.

bah humbug.

No comments: