Monday, December 05, 2005

The BUZZ has gone girly!

100.7 the BUZZ was the last oasis of manly man stuff. With personalities like BJ Shea, and Tom Leykis. It was a station that men could go and talk about men stuff. Like, as Mr. Leykis puts it, how to get more tail for less money. So sad for the men in the area who now have only Tom Leykis to give them this advice, pre recorded and replayed at a later time on another station that is not dedicated to talk radio.

What happened to the Buzz? 100.7 is now THE WOLF! Country music from the 80's, 90's and today. That is about as girly as it could go except if it became the My Little Pony station. I love country music, but I love all kinds of music. I am very happy to have a second country station to pick from again. I was devastated when KYCW Young Country 96.5 became The Point at noon on a friday. I was leaving for lunch and we listened to it at work, so when I got to my truck, I was confused when I heard INXS and realized that the station had switched without any warning. I can't stand the one country station that has been kicking around here since the beginning of time. They have a dedicated audience of blue hairs and geriatrics. Sigh.

Anyway, THE WOLF is kicking off with 10,000 songs commercial free. We figured thats about 3 weeks of straight music. I am going to refrain from deciding on how good the station is until I hear what kind of real programming they are going to do and who the on air personalities will be.

What do I have to say to BJ Shea? NEENER NEENER NEENER YOU LEYKIS WANNABE!

No comments: