Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The gym, beer and other tests

As millions of Americans do this time of year, I am back in the gym. I started at the gym in September, and got out of the habit over the holidays with guests and whatnot. I am back, and I’m considering going every day until I have a physical reaction to not going. That’s when I know it is really a part of who I am. Exercise and eating right need to be part of who I am if I am ever to make my goals of health, weight management and comfort in my own skin.

I have spent the last couple weeks trying to get back on weight watchers type plan. It’s really not easy. The funniest part is its really not that difficult either. I just have to decide that is my world and make it happen. For me its beer, that is my downfall. I love beer, I like to have one when I get home from work, I like to have a couple on date night on Thursday’s, and I especially like to have one when at a friends house being social which is a big part of my world.

Beer.

You are my nemesis for this process of losing weight, getting healthy and exercising. Would I like to drink beer instead of work out? You betcha! Would I rather eat nachos with my beer? Absolutely! Do I want to have a great microbrew with my friends instead of fitting into a size 4? No question. Beer, the love hate relationship.

No comments: