Yes, I realize the last time I posted anything was my 2007 Recap, but that should give you an idea about how interesting this one will be if i had nothing to write about all year. And now it's May in 2009.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Got promoted without even trying.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I always make resolutions, and I can usually stick to at least one of them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, there was Sally Marshall born on 12/31
4. Did anyone close to you die?
in 2008 no, but I have been close to three people who were fighting cancer and lost the battle recently.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A relationship of equals with someone who really "gets" me.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 20th, it was the first time in my life I ever called in 'sick' because I just could not take one more day in a row of work.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
got a job and got promoted without even trying.
9. What was your biggest failure?
still did not get myself out there enough to find a mr. right.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I never get sick. And I am not lucky enough to get injured.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
a new mattress, tempurpedic, yummy and warm.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Every soldier who wakes up and does their job and is always looking out for the person to their left and right. (same as last year)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The men who maintain the need for battle in Iraq, I mean people that keep attacking our soldiers. (same as last year)
14. Where did most of your money go?
Local brewmasters got a lot of it, and the rest went into stuff I consider clutter this year.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
new job, new people, new friends.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Much Happier
ii. Thinner or fatter? Much thinner
iii. Richer or poorer? A wee bit richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Getting out and being with friends, real friends
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With Richard and Rhonda of course.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Chuck.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nah, wasted emotion
25. What was the best book you read?
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Brad Paisley, and I rediscovered that I still love country music.
27. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and not get?
A man, but honestly I don't think I was really ready until recently.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 37 and I spent the evening with most of my friends at a local brewpub for grub and brews
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Anything to show off the Tattoos.
32. What kept you sane?
I honestly have no idea.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
As always, Matthew McConaghey
35. Who did you miss?
My friends Steve and Laurie who moved 3000 miles away
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Leah and Eric, sorry, can't pick just one.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Kisses aren't contracts.