Monday, June 20, 2005

Cocktails, restrooms and atonement

I don't know if any of you have heard the addage: Beer before liquor, never sicker. Liquor before beer, in the clear. Well thats how I heard it and it made sense to me at the time and I must say it holds true for me. Mark and I went out to dinner at a new brew pub one night so we had to try all their beers, being the beer snobs we are (necessary information, retain for future reading). Then that same night was our friend Stephen playing guitar and singing at one of our favorite bars; the K&K. It is mostly one of our fav's because they let Stephen play, but also because they pour a generous cocktail.

Most of the time I keep it simple and drink a Vodka Collins, its a good citrusy drink thats hard to mess up. Whew, that was the beginning of the end on this particular evening. By the time we got there I had already had 4 beers including an industrial IPA that is 7% alcohol and oh so yummy. I used to be able to really drink quite a bit, but I was always smart to not mix my alcohols. So, me being not all that smart this evening, I went with my Vodka Collins once we got to the K&K. They pour them well and long. Ouch, at some point in the evening I went all glassy eyed and got some water from the bartender. It was too late.

I had gotten up and went to the single stall ladies restroom and let loose a flurry of technicolor vomit that has not been seen on this continent or any other in many decades. Yes, I closed the ladies bathroom from that point on. My only saving point was that I was pretty unconcious from that point on and that the Staff at the K&K must be very understanding.

oh... and I didn't puke _in_ the bar, only all over the bathroom, toilet, floor and wall.

No comments: