Friday, January 26, 2007

Obscurity RAWKS!

I had another one of my dreams where I am the cool chick friend of famous or semi famous people, but there’s always a twist. This time our three heroes are a very young Matthew McConaughey, Yojiro Harada, and Corey Feldman. I never said they were cool famous people! Okay, except for Matthew McHotstuff, I am not sure what the other fella’s are doing there. Dreams do not make sense, accept that and move on please. OOOOOMMMMMMmmmm

So, we find our hero’s walking into a diner or pub or something wearing Basketball mascot uniforms. Nope, not a wildcat or anything cool, their hats were actually school color coordinated basketballs, and there is K, sitting there with them, being the cool chick that they all wanna date, but she’s ‘one of the guys.’ We are talking and drinking beer with a couple other people and Corey comes back and asks old guy in the corner for money for another pitcher, old guy takes money out of his wallet and throws it away and says “I am skipping the middle man”

The timing is these guys are way too young to be after their height of fame, but they are still constantly recognized. I see the guy in the booth next to ours looking at these dorky mascots like he knows them but can’t put his finger on where. I say to him “yes, it’s them,” and everyone stands up and glad hands and poses for pictures. When the boys come sit down after having to shake every hand in the bar wearing these ridiculous uniforms, I simply say “obscurity rocks!”

No comments: