Wednesday, March 29, 2006

What did I do last night?

Til 11:15?

wanna know?

I know you do....

So... HHBL and I were on our backs for 3 hours and neither one of us got off.

We replaced the fuel pump on my truck!

I know! HOT!

My poor truck with 167K on it finally bit the big one with the fuel pump going out, it has been on it's last legs for a couple weeks, but it was the kind of symptom that I didn't recognize until the AAA tow truck driver said "Hey, That's your fuel pump I had to change my 3 weeks ago, but mine had only 90k on it."

So, if you vehicle dies while in motion and then starts running again without much prompting from you. Most likely that's what it is. It won't throw a SES light because it's not computerized. And just FYI, its something that should have been changed at 90K when I took my truck in for servicing.

Never a dull moment.

Oh! and if it starts doing that symptom, the last thing you want to do is fill the tank, keep just enough gas in it to get you around on the short term until you can get it fixed. It is installed on the top of the gas tank so you have to drop (in my case) a 150 pound 3/4 full gas tank and work up under the vehicle. If it was empty, we could have removed it completely and worked in the garage.

Thank god it didn't rain last night.

Now, you tell me a story!

No comments: